Tired on the Inside
- Do you feel tired for no reason?
- Do you have trouble waking up in the morning, even when you go to bed at a reasonable hour?
- Do you feel rundown or overwhelmed?
- Do you have difficulty bouncing back from stress or illness?
- Do you crave salty and/or sweet snacks?
- Do you feel more awake, alert and energetic after 6PM than you do all day?
If you answered “YES” to more than one of these questions then you may be suffering from Adrenal Fatigue. Adrenal Fatigue happens when your body is under prolonged periods of stress and it begins losing its ability to adapt and manage those stressors.
Stress has a cumulative effect on your body; which simply means it adds up. Whether it’s a very intense single stress or lots of little stresses; they add up and can exhaust your body’s stress response system which is mostly hormones produced by the Adrenal glands. The primary stress hormone is Cortisol. Cortisol affects energy levels, sleep patterns, weight gain/loss, immune function, and sex drive to name a few.
It is estimated that at least 60% of adults are experiencing some level of Adrenal Fatigue. There are some simple tests to determine if you are experiencing Adrenal Fatigue and simple strategies to reverse the effects. If you would like more information, schedule a consultation with Dr. Mike today! 843-249-5433