Well… sadly another summer in South Carolina has come and gone. Who doesn’t love a great beach day with a cold drink in your hand surrounded by friends and family?! The hot, humid weather hasn’t left us quite yet… but hopefully cooler days are ahead! Now, it’s time for football, pumpkin spiced lattes, and holiday fun! There are only a few problems to address… by the end of summer you may be experiencing new sun damage, worsened pigment, or PH imbalances! Fall is a perfect time to give your skin the TLC it is needing! Luckily, at Touch MedSpa we can teach you post-summer corrective care with the help of medical treatments and products! Remember, consistency is key!!
How to Treat Pigmentation?
- Forever Young BBL by Sciton: BBL (broad band light) is an ideal treatment for freckles, sunspots, and rosacea. It is effective for fine lines and wrinkles, pigmentation, & vascular lesions. There is also no downtime! It is a non-ablative laser where pigmentation will slough off within 7-14 days.
- HALO by Sciton: HALO is the next generation of laser resurfacing! It is the world’s first hybrid fractionated laser, meaning 2 lasers of ablative and non-ablative are firing at the same time. This treatment is for everyone and can address reds, browns, enlarged pores, sun damage, poor texture, wrinkles, uneven tone, pigmented lesions, scar revision, and discoloration! The total healing time is usually 5 days.
- CO2/ CoolPeel: CO2 lasers offer resurfacing treatments that eliminates signs of aging like wrinkles, sunspots, uneven texture, and age spots for smoother, brighter, younger-looking skin. This treatment can improve fine lines to deep wrinkles, uneven pigmentation and redness, age spots, acne scars, sun damage, dullness/texture, dark under-eye circles, and lax skin. This is done by removing the top layers of damaged skin tissue and stimulates the regeneration of healthy skin underneath.
Skincare Tips with Transitioning from Summer to Fall
- Exfoliate Regularly. This removes dry, dead skin cells that make your skin look dull!
- Try a Mild Cleanser. In the winter, our skin produces less oils! Choose a cleanser that is non-drying that won’t strip your skin!
- Choose a Thicker Moisturizer. Fall is the perfect time to choose a heavier moisturizer! We recommend SkinCeutical’s Triple Lipid 2:4:2 Restore ?
- Don’t Forget Your SPF! A physical sunscreen should be used every single day no matter what season! UVA rays are still present in the cooler months.
- Drink Your Water! This will help your skin to remain hydrated.
As always, thank you for reading! Do not forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook! @touchmedspa
Ready to treat your skin to some TLC? Request your free consult by calling 843-249-5433 or complete the form below.