What is Chiropractic Treatment?
It is a treatment that focuses on any affliction of the musculoskeletal system and the nervous system as well as the effects of these ailments on general health. There are multiple research studies showing the long list of benefits of spinal manipulation for a variety of conditions, along with personal testimony that shows chiropractic therapy works.
At Touch MedSpa in Myrtle Beach, chiropractor, Dr. Cook, and our team of therapists have many years of experience using chiropractics for pain management and wellness. To offer the best care, we use a holistic approach with all patients who seek our natural and conservative treatment. Our goal is to provide the best chiropractic treatment and fast, effective pain relief to help our patients resume or maintain an active lifestyle.
When addressing pain management, please keep in mind it takes the body years to arrive at its current state and it may take weeks, or even months, to heal the body. To learn more about receiving treatment from a qualified chiropractor, you can reach Dr. Cook directly by calling (843) 249-5433 ex. 3. For first time visits with our chiropractor, Myrtle Beach men and women may wish to come to the spa for an in-person consultation for the following:
- Chiropractic Spinal Manipulation – Gentle, hands-on adjustments to the vertebrae mobilizing the articulations of the spine. Improves range of motion, promotes healthy nerve function, and decreases pain.
- Cold Laser – This treatment utilizes wavelengths of light that interact with tissue to accelerate the healing process. It can treat acute and chronic pain, swelling and muscle spasms. This treatment is great for any arthritis, bursitis, tendonitis, sprains, strains, plantar fasciitis, carpal tunnel, fibromyalgia and so much more!
- CoolTone – This treatment focuses on muscle building. As we develop weakness in certain muscles, this puts a strain on our skeletal system and muscular system. Over time we are left with pain. This treatment focuses on building up core muscles to help support your body through the day.
- Dry Needling – This is a tool used for the treatment of pain and movement impairments. It is a relatively simple procedure and lasts about 15-20 minutes. The first step is to identify trigger points aka “knots” in muscles and then insert the needles into those areas.
- Electric Muscle Stimulation (EMS) – Utilized to reduce and eliminate muscle spasms and myalgia, increase circulation, block pain signals, and improve range of motion.
- Extremity Manipulation – Adjustments of the shoulders, elbows, wrists, hands, knees, ankles, and feet.
- Flexion Distraction Technique – A low-force, slow-moving technique that gently removes pressure on irritated discs and nerves.
- Impulse Adjusting Instrument – A chiropractic tool designed to provide a high-speed, low-amplitude thrust to the spinal joints. It is painless and very effective for advanced conditions of osteoarthritis.
- Intersegmental Traction Table aka “Roller Table” – This table helps in gently reestablishing the normal range of motion in the spine. It relaxes the muscles and reduces spasms.
- Manual Therapy – Myofascial release, soft tissue mobilization, and controlled hands-on techniques to increase flexibility and range of motion.
- Massage Therapy – We offer a variety of therapeutic massages, including Prenatal Massage, Hot Stone Massage, Relaxation Massage, and Foot Reflexology, all at our location here in North Myrtle Beach.
- MYK Therapy – This therapy combines the nervous system with the muscular system. We find the nerve root that is being affected and we re-balance it through a series of movements and stretches over a short series of treatments (2-12). These sessions are typically pretty fast ranging from 15-30 minutes and you will notice results sometimes immediately or after your 2nd treatment.
- Nutritional Testing – A key ingredient to living a healthy lifestyle is making sure our body is nutritionally efficient. When we become deficient in vitamins and minerals we can feel the effect of that through our energy levels, sleeping habits, moods, and so much more. If you feel like you could use some nutritional support, Dr. Cook would be happy to do a quick test to determine where you may be deficient.
- Therapeutic Ultrasound – Sound waves penetrate the soft tissues and provide deep heat, excellent for treatment of chronic conditions like bursitis and adhesive capsulitis.
- Onsite X-Ray services
Chiropractic care can give you more energy, free you of pain, boost your immune system, and help keep you healthier now and into your retirement age.
We not only want you to feel better, we want you to BE better! We would like to welcome you to our unique facility by offering you an in-depth consultation with chiropractor, Dr. Kalyn Cook, to help you decide if chiropractic care is right for you
Chiropractic adjustments usually involve a quick thrust that helps add motion to spinal joints that aren’t moving right. Some methods use the doctor’s hands, an instrument, a special table, or the force of gravity. Dr. Cook uses many different techniques to adjust the spine and he has adjusted all types of people — from newborn babies to athletes and grandparents!
If you’re looking for a chiropractor, North Myrtle Beach residents, look to Dr. Cook at Touch MedSpa. We care about your wellness and are here to help you leave the pain behind!
Want to know more or schedule a consult? Call 843-249-5433 or complete the form below.