BOTOX is it right for me?
Botox is not a filler, but an injectable that contains tiny amounts of a highly-purified botulinum toxin protein, refined from the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. Botox targets frown lines and crows feet caused by repeated muscle contractions from when you frown and squint. If you are looking to treat these areas of the face (either as a preventative or to improve existing issues), Botox may be the right solution for you.
Before receiving Botox at our spa in Myrtle Beach, all clients receive a consultation to determine if this is an appropriate treatment for them.
Common Questions & Concerns
Is it safe?
In short, yes. Botox has been used for cosmetic purposes for over 20 years and is FDA approved for the purpose of treating moderate to severe crows feet lines and frown lines. There are many off-label uses for Botox that are also safe, which you may like to explore and ask about during your consultation.
Who will be injecting me?
Dr. Peters and Beth Lattimer, APRN provide injections, as well as our team of certified nurse injectors that are rigorously trained to provide you with the best results. Our injectable team is overseen by Michael Peters, M.D. and Beth Lattimer, APRN. Your certified nurse injectors go through advanced trainings twice a year and follow strict adherence to regulations and safety procedures.
Will it be noticeable?
No. With proper technique applied by certified injectors, Botox creates a very subtle effect and will not look abnormal. You will notice a decrease in the lines in the treated area and movement of the muscles will be more restricted, but it will not seem as if you have had anything specifically altered on your face.
How much does it cost?
Our Botox treatments are priced per unit, which is the industry-standard. During your consultation, we will discuss your desired results and make a recommendation for the number of units you will need (along with pricing) before we perform the treatment. Alternatively, if you inform us of your budget for the treatment, we can recommend what areas may be treated within those parameters.
To minimize the risk of possible side effects and complications, please bear in mind the following:
- Do NOT consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising)
- -If possible, avoid anti-inflammatory and blood-thinning medications for a period of two weeks before treatment. Medications and supplements such as aspirin, vitamin E, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, St. John’s Wort, Omega 3/Fish Oil supplements, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, and other NSAIDS all have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections.
- Schedule your Dermal Filler and Botox appointment at least two weeks prior to a special event such as a wedding or a vacation. Results from the Botox injections will take approximately four to seven days to appear. Also, bruising and swelling may be apparent in that time period. As Sculptra takes longer to take effect, you need to plan accordingly with your provider.
- Discontinue Retin-A two days before and two days after treatment.
- Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash, cold sore, or blemish on the treatment area.
- If you have a history of cold sores, please let us know. We may put you on an anti-viral medication prior to treatment.
- Be sure to have a good breakfast, consisting of both food and drink, before your procedure. This will decrease the chances of lightheadedness.
- You are not a candidate if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Request Your Appointment
Before and After
- Do NOT manipulate the treated area for 3 hours following treatment. Do NOT receive facial/laser treatments or microdermabrasion after Botox injections for at least 10 days.
- Smiling and frowning right after Botox treatments may help the Botox find its way to the muscle into which it was injected.
- To prevent the Botox from tracking into the orbit of your eye and causing drooping eyelid, do NOT lie down until four hours after your Botox treatment.
- It can take approximately four to seven days to see results. If you do not see the desired result after two weeks, you may need additional Botox. You will be charged for the amount of product used, including for any touchups or subsequent appointments.
- Do NOT perform activities that involve strain, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for at least six hours after treatment. This will keep the Botox in the injected area.
*Individual results may vary. We provide patient testimonials as examples of some results from Botox. Myrtle Beach patients are all unique, however, and these examples are not meant to imply that any one patient’s results can be expected by another patient.
You may also wish to check out Juvderm XC products as an alternative to Botox. Patients often use this treatment for severe-to-moderate wrinkles and frown lines.
Considering Botox? Myrtle Beach, SC has many spas and clinics that offer Botox, but none with the expert care and service that you will receive at Touch MedSpa. Call us today for more information.