The Motus AX sets the new standard for laser hair removal. This gentle treatment is non-invasive, pain free, efficacious — and tailored just for you! At our spa in North Myrtle Beach, we use the Motus AX according to your skin type (Fitzpatrick scale I-VI) to help you eliminate unwanted hair. This alleviates the need for shaving and waxing.
The Motus AX hair removal system offers virtually pain-free, safe, fast, and effective hair removal treatments within six treatment sessions. The laser has safely and successfully provided permanent hair reduction for thousands of patients worldwide.
Laser Hair Removal Options Motus AX
- Nape of the Neck
- Chest (Partial or Full)
- Back (Partial or Full)
- Arms (Partial or Full)
- Top of Hands
- Bikini Line
- Brazilian (Partial or Full)
- Legs (Lower or Full)
Common Questions and Concerns
Can tanned skin receive laser hair removal? Myrtle Beach men and women with tanned skin can be treated safely, but always inform us if you have been tanning or exposed to the sun within the last few days. We will adjust your treatment regime accordingly to provide you with the safest and most-effective experience.
What happens during hair removal treatment? We use a system for cooling your skin to remove the heat from the laser and to ensure your comfort. Treatment time depends on the area we are treating.
How do I prepare for my appointment? Come to our spa wearing clothing that will allow easy access to the area we are treating. You should shave the treatment area 24 hours prior to your appointment.
What should I expect after treatment? Generally, some redness will remain for approximately five to seven days. You may also experience some slight swelling; however, this should subside within a few hours. If you experience any prolonged redness or swelling, consult with our Nurse or Medical Director. Following laser hair removal, you will need to keep the treated area clean and use a sunscreen with at least SPF 15 when outdoors.
Are there any possible complications? There is a low risk of pigmentation changes in the skin. Please be sure to discuss any concerns with our Medical Director or Laser Technician prior to your treatment. They can outline all possible complications and ensure that you have a worry-free treatment.
Is treatment permanent? Typically, each laser treatment results in some permanent hair loss. Most cases require several treatments. The number of treatments will depend on your response to laser therapy and the amount of hair we are removing. As with other treatments for unwanted hair, there is no guarantee that laser hair removal treatment will be permanent; future touch up sessions may be required each year.
How many treatments will I need? Typically, hair removal requires three to six treatments, carried out at four to eight-week intervals. There are three phases of hair growth: anagen, catagen, and telogen. Only hairs in the active growth phase, anagen, can be successfully treated.
Does treatment hurt? What can I expect with the procedure? Most patients describe laser hair removal as feeling prickly. Afterwards, it might feel like a sunburn. Each patient has his or her own level of skin sensitivity and pain threshold. Different areas on the body are more sensitive than others.
Request Your Appointment
Before and After
Laser Pre and Post Treatment Instructions
- NO sun exposure, tanning beds, or sunless tanners for AT LEAST 3 DAYS PRIOR TO TREATMENT
- MUST use a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher daily AT LEAST ONE WEEK PRIOR TO TREATMENT
- MUST stop taking Clarisonic brush, Retinoids, Retinols, AHAs, BHAs, exfoliants or Hydroquinone for AT LEAST 48 HOURS PRIOR TO TREATMENT
- MUST stop taking antibiotics and steroids AT LEAST TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO TREATMENT
Day of Treatment:
- DO NOT plan any physical activity for the day of your treatment.
- DO NOT plan a social event for the day of your treatment — you will probably be red and may have some swelling
- NO sun exposure, swimming, saunas, or hot tubs for AT LEAST 48 HOURS
- NO makeup for 24 hours, unless using Jane Iredale minerals
- DO NOT use Clarisonic brush, Retinoids, Retinols, AHAs, BHAs, exfoliants or Hydroquinone for AT LEAST 48 HOURS AFTER TREATMENT
- May experience: redness, swelling, tenderness for up to 48 HOURS after treatment
- Follow technician recommendations on post-treatment products for optimal results
For more information or to book a consultation, please call us.