the jane iredale difference
For more than 20 years, jane iredale—THE SKINCARE MAKEUPTM has been using innovative formulas comprising advanced technology, science and nature to achieve a look, feel, efficacy and shade range that sets it apart from other makeup. Used by women in more than 50 countries, jane iredale is the makeup of choice for beauty professionals and makeup aficionados worldwide.
- Top-quality natural ingredients including skin-loving liposomes, stem cells and peptides with certified organic botanicals
- Innovative formulas with high-performance delivery systems and anti-aging properties
- All of our SPF products are recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation as effective broad spectrum sunscreens
- Free of parabens, talc, phthalates, synthetic fragrance and GMO ingredients
- Multifunctional with a generous price per gram for excellent value
- Tests conducted for heavy metals, phototoxicity, comedogencity and sensitivity
- Certified cruelty-free by CCIC (Leaping Bunny)
- Support for humanitarian, cultural and green initiatives in our community and beyond
- Manufactured in the USA
Jane Iredale Mineral Cosmetics, Ltd. was founded in 1994 and became the first full makeup line on the market to offer not just coverage, but also benefits to the skin. Working out of her home in Austerlitz, NY, Jane succeeded in developing a revolutionary line of mineral cosmetics, the first of its kind on the market. Her introductory product was Amazing Base® Loose Mineral Powder in five shades: Warm Silk, Warm Sienna, Light Beige, Natural and Honey Bronze. This truly amazing product is full of benefits for the skin, as are all the cosmetics that have followed it.
With the goal of having the cleanest makeup possible, Jane decided to eliminate anything that was potentially irritating to the skin or bad for health in general.
Plastic surgeons were the first to recognize the benefits of the mineral foundations and were confident enough to use them on skin that had just undergone laser resurfacing. The minerals not only safely and effectively covered the redness, but also provided essential sun protection.
Jane herself underwent laser resurfacing in 1995 and, in a now-iconic split-face image, demonstrated the extraordinary ability of Amazing Base to conceal and provide aesthetic enhancement.