Which product in the Juvederm family is right for my treatment?
The Juvederm family of products are non-surgical fillers your Expert Certified Nurse Injector uses to instantly improve concerns of volume loss, or to help enhance natural features. Each product targets different concerns on the face, and after a Full Facial Assessment with one of our Expert Certified Nurse Injectors, we can help determine which is right for you!
- Juvederm Ultra XC and Juvederm Ultra Plus XC
- Voluma XC
– helps to add volume to many areas on the face. Typically Last up to 12 months
– adds volume in the mid-face region. Typically last up to 24 months in the cheek area.
– treats lips and peri-oral lines with a subtle effect. Typically Last up to 12 months
– helps add volume and treat nasal labial folds and marionette lines. Typically Last up to 18 months
Common Questions & Concerns
What is the difference between Juvederm and BOTOX?
The key difference between the two is that the family of Juvederm products are fillers that temporarily remain under the mid-to-deep dermis. BOTOX is a neuromodulator injected beneath the skin’s surface to target the underlying muscle activity, which is one of the causes of those moderate to severe frown lines between the brows and crow’s feet. Both may be used together, depending on your desired results and the recommendation of our Expert Certified Nurse Injectors.
Is treatment painful?
After consultation, a topical numbing agent may be used to help ease any possible discomfort from injection. Several of the Juvederm family of products include built-in lidocaine to help ease discomfort during and post-treatment. Most patients do not report discomfort beyond a minor and manageable level, and due to our careful and tested techniques, experience even less discomfort than is standard.
How long do Juvederm treatments take?
Depending on the length of your consultation and desired results, treatment time may range. We prefer to book your appointment with additional time allowed, in case you have any questions or need the treatment to be modified for extra comfort and ease.
How long do results last?
Juvederm Ultra XC and Ultra Plus XC treatments may last one year or slightly longer. Juvederm Voluma may last up to two years, depending on type and number of treatments before desired results are achieved. Volbella results may last up to one year. Vollure results may last up to 18 months. Results may vary.
How many treatments do I need?
While results are not permanent, they are long lasting. Most clients need only one treatment to achieve their desired results, but may continue to return for on-going maintenance.
Request Your Appointment
Before and After
In order to minimize the risk of possible side effects and complications of injections please follow these simple steps:
- Do NOT consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising)
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications, if possible for a period of 2 weeks before treatment. Medications and supplements such as aspirin, vitamin E, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, St. John’s Wort, Omega 3/Fish Oil supplements, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve and other NSAIDS have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections.
- Schedule your Dermal Filler and Botox appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation. Results from the Dermal Filler and
- Botox injections will take approximately 4 to 7 days to appear. Also bruising and swelling may be apparent in that time period. Sculptra does take longer to see results so plan accordingly with your provider.
- Discontinue Retin-A 2 days before and 2 days after treatment.
- Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash, cold sore or blemish on the area.
- If you have a history of cold sores please let your provider know, they may put you on an anti-viral medication prior to treatment.
- Be sure to have a good breakfast, including food and drink before your procedure. This will decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment.
- You are not a candidate if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
POST-TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS DERMAL FILLER
- Avoid significant movement or massage of the treated area. Unless instructed by the provider.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- Avoid extensive sun or heat for 72 hours.
- Avoid consuming excess amounts of alcohol or salts to avoid excess swelling.
- If you have swelling you may apply a cool compress for 15 minutes each hour.
- Use Tylenol for discomfort.
- Try to sleep face up and slightly elevated if you experience swelling.
- Take Arnica to help the bruising and swelling, start at least 2 days prior to injections.