I know… I know… we are currently in the full swing of summer! There have been plenty of days in the sun, with many more to come. The hot, humid weather is here to stay for a while. But can you believe it’s almost that time for kids to go back to school?! This summer has been flying by! However, it is never too early to start thinking about one of our favorite seasons… LASER SEASON!! This will come later in the year when the weather has cooled off and the sun’s rays are not as strong. No matter how careful you are in the summer, there are always chances of new sun damage, worsened pigment, congested skin, and PH imbalances! Have a game plan for fall/winter – it is the perfect time to address and correct any skin concerns the summer weather might have brought. And yes, this is done with proper medical treatments + products! Laser season will be here before we know it!
Laser Treatments to Correct Pigmentation
- Forever Young BBL by Sciton: BBL (broad band light) is an ideal treatment for sunspots, rosacea, and freckles. It is effective for fine lines and wrinkles, pigmentation, and vascular lesions. A major benefit is there is no downtime! It is a non-ablative laser where pigmentation will slough off naturally within 7-14 days.
- Fractional: Fractional laser resurfacing is effective for deep lines and wrinkles, pigmentation (such as age spots), prominent scarring, and sun damaged skin. There is some downtime though (i.e., a week) since this is an ablative treatment. There is a chance of being swollen and scabby after the treatment. However, keep in mind that since the epidermis and dermis are reached, there is a greater amount of collagen renewal in the weeks ahead.
- CO2/CoolPeel: CO2 lasers offer resurfacing treatments that eliminates signs of aging like wrinkles, sunspots, uneven texture, and age spots for smoother, brighter, younger-looking skin. This treatment can improve fine lines to deep wrinkles, uneven pigmentation and redness, age spots, acne scars, sun damage, dullness/texture, dark under-eye circles, and lax skin. This is done by removing the top layers of damaged skin tissue and stimulates the regeneration of healthy skin underneath.
- RF Microneedling: Microneedling is a great treatment for anyone who suffers from melasma, fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, or other textural problems with the skin. This treatment can boost your skin in plumping, minimizing scars, and providing an overall even tone. A grid of needles is used to penetrate the skin and delivers radio frequency energy in the dermis only, enabling smooth, glowing skin!
- HALO by Sciton: The HALO treatment is the next generation of laser resurfacing! It is the world’s first hybrid fractionated laser, which means that 2 lasers of ablative and non-ablative are firing at the same time simultaneously. This is a great treatment for everyone and can address browns, reds, sun damage, enlarged pores, poor texture, wrinkles, uneven tone, pigmented lesions, scar revision, and discoloration. How amazing is that?! The complete time of healing is usually 5 days. An added tip: You can combine the Forever Young BBL with your HALO treatment!
Did you say Combine Treatments?
Yes! Be on the lookout for combo treatments starting this fall! An example of this is adding BBL to your HALO treatment! These are great because both treatments are minimally invasive and can be worked together on the same day to better address texture, fine lines, and wrinkles, as well as discoloration concerns. Talk about a dynamic duo! When combining these treatments, the BBL is performed first, followed by the HALO hybrid fractional laser. The benefit of combining the two treatments is smoother tone and texture and an overall more youthful appearance. Also, the downtime is the same that would be expected from a single HALO treatment! Why choose 1 when you can have 2?! 🙂
There is some exciting news at the spa! We recently added a new erbium TRL Scanner by Sciton! This resurfacing laser allows for deep dermal penetration and ablation and/or coagulation to remove visible signs of skin damage, all while rejuvenating skin for improved tone and texture. It is commonly used to address overall signs of aging, melasma, and scar reduction. The best part? This is a safe, effective, and short-downtime treatment, even for deeper ablation depths! This treatment is custom made for you! Before your treatment, the ablation depth, coagulation, density, and scan pattern are all chosen for ultimate precision. The TRL Scanner can treat all skin types on the face and body. The treatable areas are the neck, face, chest, hands, arms, and legs.
Thank you for reading! Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Instagram: @Touchmedspa!