Lately, the weather has been beautiful! We’ve seen a sneak peak of spring weather, which means summer will be right around the corner! It will be warm enough to get some sun and add a nice glow to your skin! This is great news for our skin, right? Even though this is usually thought of as a good thing, there are many negative effects that come from bathing in the sun. Protecting your skin from sun damage is the first step in preventing further skin damage!
So, how do you protect your skin in the spring and summer? Below are some tips to protect skin from harmful rays and its damaging effects:
- Choose sunscreen that blocks UVA and UVB radiation. This is broad band spectrum and is crucial! It should be water resistant and contain a SPF of 30 or higher. Reapply every 1-2 hours. Do not use expired sunscreen!! Lucky for you all, we have the BEST quality sunscreen in SkinCeuticals with a SPF of 50. Come stop in and grab yourself a bottle…. Or two ? Examples include: Physical Fusion. This comes in a tinted, sheer, and matte finish!
- WEAR SUNSCREEN DAILY. PERIOD. No seriously, like every day. Water, sand, even snow have reflective properties that can increase the risk of sunburn! Not only is it important to avoid rays in the peak times of the day outside, but it’s also important to remember that you can be exposed to these rays inside as well. Driving in a car allows sun rays to reflect off the glass that can cause damage to the skin.
- Reapply sunscreens every 2 hours.
- Limit sun exposure between 10 am and 4 pm when the radiation is at its peak.
- Wear protective clothing such as a sun shirt or wide brimmed hat.
- Wear sunglasses that have 100% UV absorption.
- Add sunscreen more frequently if you are swimming or sweating.
- Stock up on travel-sized sunscreens!
- Finally, if I haven’t focused on this enough, don’t forget your sunscreen! ?
Thank you for reading! Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Instagram: @Touchmedspa!